from www.eftuniverse.com, the website for Emotional Freedom Techniques
Note: this post assumes you have a working knowledge of EFT. Newcomers can still learn from it but are advised to get our Free EFT Get Started Package or our EFT Books and EFT Trainings for a more complete understanding. For more, read our EFT Info and Disclaimer Document. Please consult physicians on all medical issues.
Steps for Whole Energy Lifestyle (WEL) Meditation
1. As soon as you wake up, sit upright in a quiet space where you will be undisturbed for 15-30 minutes.
2. Tap through the EFT points in any order, while holding the intention that you are in a calm and peaceful state, and nothing matters except the gift of undisturbed time you are now giving yourself. This is time just for you. Let all your preoccupations vanish, and allow yourself to be fully present for the next while.
3. Let your tongue rest loosely on the floor of your mouth.
4. Picture a big empty space behind your eyes.
5. Breathe slowly, for 6 seconds per outbreath, and 6 seconds per inbreath. Count to 6 silently each time you breathe in, and each time you breathe out.
6. If thoughts arise in your mind, just let them go. Watch them drift like clouds across the sky, without attachment.
7. If feelings arise in the body, such as aches or pains, just observe them. You don’t have to do anything about them. Keep your attention focused on your breath, counting 6 seconds in, and 6 seconds out.
Do this every day for a week, and you’ll notice a difference in how you feel during the rest of the day. Do this every day for a month, and you’ll be hooked. It only requires 15 minutes, though you may want to gradually increase your time frame to 30 or 45 minutes.