- 2 sweet potatoes, lightly pricked all over with a fork
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or unsalted butter softened
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 1/2 cup goat feta, crumbled (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon minced thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped toasted pecans
- crumbled feta
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place sweet potatoes on a baking pan and bake for 35 to 50 minutes or until sweet potatoes are cooked. Do not overcook or they will be difficult to cut in half.
3. Once sweet potatoes have cooled enough to handle, slice each potato in half and carefully scoop the flesh out into a mixing bowl (be sure not to tear the skins).
4. Begin mashing warm sweet potatoes with butter, milk and garlic until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Fold in feta and thyme until fully combined. Scoop mixture into a piping bag, fitted with a large star tip, and pipe potatoes back into the sweet potato skins. Or just scoop back into the skins.
6. Bake sweet potatoes for an additional 10-15 minutes, top with crumbled feta and chopped pecans.