Intimately linked with nurturing, sexuality, and motherhood, our breasts are perhaps the part of our body that we have the most feelings about, positive and negative. Many of us ignore those feelings and don’t even understand how our breasts work and what affects them.
~ from The Complete Natural Medicine Guide to Breast Cancer, by Sat Dharam Kaur, ND
Instructor: Amber Young, Registered Massage Therapist. Special guest: Dawn Bone, Registered Holistic Nutritionist, who will be giving a brief talk on how our nutrition affects our breast health.
Date: Saturday, Sept. 15th
Time: 9:30am – 12noon (tea and a light snack will be served)
Location: Carp Ridge Ecowellness Centre in the Learning Centre bldg, 2386 Thomas Dolan Parkway, Carp
Cost: $30* (payable in cash or cheque to the instructor on the date of the workshop) *If you have attended one of Amber’s breast health workshops before, the cost is only $15.
Why Breast Care?
- Breast health is important in overall body wellness.
- Breast tissues have very specific needs that are often overlooked or neglected in daily life.
- The incidence of breast cancer and benign breast conditions is increasing.
- We need to respect and care for our breasts, just as we would any other part of our body.
- Breasts are part of a woman’s body that should be honoured. Learning more about our breasts is a way to start this process.
Topics to be discussed:
- Anatomy of the breast
- A detailed exploration of the lymphatic system and it’s importance to our breasts
- Muscles that play a role in our breast health
- Breast conditions and breast changes through a woman’s life
- An overview of nutritional concerns and recommendations related to breast and hormone health
- Self-breast massage
- A 30 minute stretching/exercise segment specific for draining your breasts, opening your chest and stretching the muscles involved with your breast health
- Self-care techniques to encourage the health of your breasts!
Please bring a yoga/exercise mat (if you have one – if not, Amber will have a few extras) for the stretching section of the workshop. Wearing comfortable clothes will allow you more freedom to move during this segment of the course.
Preregistration is required as space is limited. Please call the clinic (613-839-1198) and they will connect you with Amber to register, or email her directly at email@example.com. Write in the email subject line: Breast Health Workshop