Sat, Sept 15th
10am – 12:00noon
Location: Carp Ridge Learning Centre (across the parking lot from the clinic)
2386 Thomas Dolan Parkway, Carp
Cost: $30 (payable in cash or cheque to the instructor)
Why Breast Care?
- Breast health is important in overall body wellness.
- Breast tissues have very specific needs that are often overlooked or neglected in daily life.
- The incidence of breast cancer and benign breast conditions is increasing.
- We need to respect and care for our breasts, just as we would any other part of our body.
- Breasts are part of a woman’s body that should be honoured. Learning more about our breasts is a way to start this process.
Topics to be discussed:
- Anatomy of the breast
- A detailed exploration of the lymphatic system and it’s importance to our breasts
- Muscles that play a part in our breast health
- Breast conditions and breast changes through a women’s life
- Self-breast massage
- Stretching/exercise segment specific for opening your chest and the muscles involved with your breast health
- Self-care techniques to encourage the health of your breasts!
Please bring a yoga/exercise mat for the stretching segment of the workshop, wearing comfortable clothes will allow you more freedom to move during this segment of the course.
Preregistration is required as space is limited. Please call the clinic and they will connect you with Amber to register, or email her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put in the subject line: Breast health workshop
Please note that tea and a light snack will be served.