Note: The Natural Health Clinic is hosting a Weekend Cleansing Retreat, Fri, Mar 16th, 5pm thru Sun Mar 18th, 2:30pm — click here to read more. Spaces are limited so book soon!
You can use these same principles listed below to prepare for a cleanse at home. These actions will markedly help the success and quality of your cleanse and make the process a pleasure instead of a drag.
(And just in time for Lent, if you are so inclined. . . .)
It’s best to start at least a week before a retreat or cleanse. They really are a miniature cleanse in themselves and if you just do these, you are already helping yourself immensely!
- Wean off caffeine, slowly to avoid a headache. Ginger tea with cayenne pepper, lemon and honey is a great substitute.
- Wean off sugar and junk food.
- Start going to bed and getting up earlier. Stop eating earlier in the evening.
- If you are not exercising, start walking for 20 minutes a day. If you are exhausted, just stroll and breathe deeply and slowly.
- Take some time to be aware of your emotions and thoughts. Write down what limits you and how you would like to change. This is often the most important aspect of a cleanse as our bad habits are usually driven by unresolved issues. . .
- What do you consider sacred? How do you tap into it? Be open to input from this core of our lives. . .
- If you are already doing many of these things, wean off wheat, red meat and dairy. Increase your intake of veggies.
- If you are really enthused, you can add some cleansing remedies to your regime such as Alveo, milk thistle or Carduusplex.
- No matter where you are in this process, make sure your bowels are moving regularly. Consult the clinic if you need assistance.
Good luck, and we hope to see many of you at the retreat, which promises to be wonderful as always! We offer facilitators with a variety of gifts to share and support you on the path to wellness and spiritual connection.
Let us know if you have any questions, we are always glad to help!