This is a recipe from Kim Trott, who makes our tasty & healthy vittles along with Cindy Fleming at Carp Ridge.
- 2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 chopped onion (1 large or 3 small)
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth or vegan bullion cube
- 1 pkg. brown lentils (you can use any type really: green, brown, red, etc.)
- 3 chopped carrots
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper or cayenne
- 3 spoonfuls of curry paste
- can of coconut milk
- 6 cherry tomatoes
Saute onion, carrots, garlic in oil.
Add broth or water and bullion.
Add lentils, and slowly simmer for 45 min to an hour depending on lentil type (Brown take longer than green or red. I also use whole lentils).
Then add about tomatoes and cook for another 10 min.
Blend the soup with a hand blender and add a can of coconut milk.