from Cindy Fleming, healthy food & nutrition advisor (as well as other CREWC duties)
If you’re trying to have the best of both worlds during the holiday season, here’s a treat to indulge in that’s also pretty healthy (especially if you like coconut):
- ¾ cup chickpea flour (can also use romano bean flour)
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut butter (can use butter if not dairy sensitive))
- 1/3-1/2 cup sucanat (can substitute brown sugar)
- 1 egg (or equivalent egg replacement)
- 2 tsp good quality vanilla
- ½ cup unsweetened, dessicated coconut
- In bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In mixing bowl, cream together butter and sucanat. Beat in egg and vanilla until light and fluffy. Stir in dry ingredients and coconut.
- Drop by spoon about 2 inches apart onto non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.