by Cindy Fleming
Tabouli Style Salad with Quinoa
(*Free of dairy, gluten, soy, yeast, corn, & sugar).
You can add all ingredients to match your tastes, so don’t worry too much about the amounts below. Just remember the quinoa is your largest amount, then make sure there’s enough olive oil and lemon juice for moisture when mixing.
- 500 mL cooked quinoa
- Sea salt to taste
- 75-125 mL olive oil
- 75 mL lemon juice
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 125 mL fresh mint or 30mL dried mint
- 250 mL finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 125 mL diced red onion
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- ½ red or yellow pepper diced
- 125-250 mL halved grape tomatoes
- Diced zucchini or cucumber
Place cooked quinoa in a large bowl. Mix rest of the ingredients in a bowl and pour over the cooked, cooled quinoa. Toss gently, mixing well. Refrigerate. Serve on a bed of lettuce or other greens. Feel free to be inventive with food!