Free Talks at Carp Ridge Healing House:
- Natural Remedies for Depression: Sat, Nov 7th, 1-3pm
If you don’t want to use anti-depressants, consider the many natural treatments for depression.
- Have a Happy, Healthy, Low-Stress Holiday: Sat, Dec 5th, 1-3pm
Tips for stress management, simplifying your lifestyle, flu prevention & treatment, healthy eating, PLUS samples & recipes of tasty holiday fare!
Introduction to German New Medicine: Thurs, Nov 26th, 7-8:30pm
Katherine Willow hosts a monthly informal presentation about the diagnostic & healing principles of GNM. $20 donation. For more info about GNM, go to www.newmedicine.ca
We’ll be at the Mind, Body & Soul Health Show, Sat, Nov 7, 10-6pm at the Carp Fairgrounds doing iris and tongue diagnosis, plus biotron sensitivity testing.
We’ll be at the Statistics Canada 9th Annual Health Fair, Nov 24th, from 10am-2:30pm, in the main lobby of the Jean Talon Building, 170 Tunney’s Pasture Driveway, Ottawa. It’s a great place to meet & network with people in the complementary/alternative health field. Please drop by and visit!
Carp Ridge EcoWellness Centre has become a member of Transition Ottawa! (transitionottawa.ning.com). From their website: “Transition Ottawa is an informal place where those interested in a more sustainable, more self-reliant way of living, can gather to exchange ideas, share resources, learn from what others are doing, become inspired, encourage each other, and come together as part of the larger ‘Transition’ network. It is a grand and ambitious social experiment.”
Clinic policy for the flu season: During the cold months the health clinic institutes practical protocols for lessening transmission of the flu:
- Any staff member who is ill stays at home until they are out of the communicable stage.
- If a patient feels they are too sick to come in, or are concerned about spreading or catching flu symptoms, we are happy to provide treatment over the phone (613-839-1198).
- We can also send remedies and supplements to a person’s home via local and national couriers.
- The clinic offers a homeopathic flu kit to boost your immunity system ($10/individual kit). We also stock family kits. NOTE: These kits should not be used if you are pregnant.
Starting Nov 12th, Rebecca Word will no longer be scheduling Thursday evening appts.
Carp Ridge Healing House is now on Twitter (www.twitter.com/healingcare) and Facebook (search: Carp Ridge Healing House).